Permission for Third Country National to acquire immovable property in Cyprus in accordance with the Acquisition of Immovable Property (Aliens) Law, Chapter 109.

1. Overview

Citizens of non-EU Member states who wish to acquire immovable property in the Republic of Cyprus should first obtain permission from the local District Administration according to Article 3(1) of the Acquisition of Immovable Property (Aliens) Law, Chapter 109.

For such permission to be granted, the application from COMM 145 must be submitted to the District Administration of the district in which the property for sale is located, alongside with the other required documents.

2. Requirements

Foreign nationals can obtain permission to purchase:

1. A plot or land not divided into plots measuring up to 4 000 m2 for the purpose of building a dwelling for owner occupation.

Couples are granted joint permission.


2. Up to two units which may be at different stages of development. The units may be two dwellings or one dwelling and a shop measuring up to 100 m2 or one dwelling and an office measuring up to 250 m2.

The above restriction applies in total to couples.

3. Documents needed:

Application form COMM 145 must be accompanied by the following documents:

  • A copy of the title deed
  • A copy of the planning consent (only if separate title deeds have not been issued for the apartment or dwelling for sale) For plots in the process of being partitioned, a copy of the partitioning permit
  • A copy of the contract of sale, with the requisite stamp duty affixed
  •  Floor plans of the dwelling or apartment
  • Proof of the applicants’ financial standing
  • Copies of the applicants’ and their spouses’ passports
  • The applicants’ marriage certificate with a certified translation (unless it is in Greek or English and only if the spouses do not have the same surname and the wife's passport does not mention her husband's surname)
For more details as to how we can help you and legal advice please contact us.
The above information is not intended to be used as legal advice and is merely an example to better understand the legal position of the reader. If you need legal advice please contact us today.